Production LifeCycle for Your Book
Author gets up to 364 days to submit book’s files
- Publishing program paid for, agreement submitted.
- All book files have not been submitted.
Typically 1-4 four weeks, can go much longer — based on book file quality and Author response time.
- Author submits all book files to Xulon Press: manuscript, back cover copy, bio, graphics, etc.
- Manuscript and ALL other files for book submitted, reviewed and approved by Coordinator.
- Author may need to revise files to meet guidelines.
- Author to check Author Center every few days.
Typically 90 days (45 for Rush)
- Author notified through Author Center that all files have been accepted and the book is IN PRODUCTION.
- Author to check AUTHOR CENTER daily.
- Cover designed, text formatted. Author reviews.
- About 2 weeks after author decided to make no further changes, book publishing is completed.
- Book sent to printer. Free copies ordered (if applicable).
Free books in 6-10 days and up to 60 days for all marketing and sales services (premium or Best-Seller).
- Book is set up to be orderable by 25,000 bookstores (Premium, Best-Seller)
- Marketing and internet promotion is established. (Premium, Best-Seller)
- Book added to Xulon online bookstore (Best-Seller)
- Author may purchase additional marketing add-ons.
- Books can be ordered.
- When author receives free books, promotional events can be scheduled.
- Each round of text or cover changes you request could extend your book’s production time by 2-3 weeks.
- Xulon Press cannot be responsible for production delays beyond our control.
- Please do not schedule promotional events or marketing campaigns until you have your free books in hand.