About Traditional Distribution
What You Get With Traditional Distribution
Are you interested in the possibility of seeing your book in bookstores? Looking to get the most bang-for-your-buck when printing your books? The Traditional Distribution model, available through our imprint XP Books, is the best place to start!
Traditional Distribution is uniquely suited for authors who require specialty printing options, authors who have written books that are short in length, or those who prefer to print a large batch of books all at once to price them more competitively.
And once your book is finished, we’ll present the book and your marketing pitch to buyers with a direct line to big-name retail stores.
What You Get:
- A copy of the book, your marketing pitch, and your title information sent to the appropriate buyer at Barnes & Noble, Ingram, Baker & Taylor, and Follett and Brodart
- Your book listed with the distributor and other book trade vendors (setup fees are included in the cost!)
- Handling and processing of wholesale and retail orders on your behalf
- Warehouse storage for up to four cartons of your book for one year (warehousing fees included in the cost!)
- Enrollment in our bookstore-friendly Returns Program
- Management of your sales reports and payments
With Traditional Distribution, our distributor also not only handles all incoming retail orders for you, but books are also sold to—and stocked directly with—Amazon.com and BN.com.
You’ll also receive enrollment in our Returns Program for one year. This bookstore-friendly service means the distributor will process any returned copies from wholesalers or retailers on your behalf. While we hope no copies are ever returned, this program is vital to getting your book on the shelves in brick-and-mortar bookstores—most stores only stock books with a return guarantee. It’s a retail-friendly safety net that can open more doors for your book!
Not planning to order thousands of books? Don’t worry, you won’t be required to fill the whole warehouse in order to join our Traditional Distribution Program. Talk to your personal Publishing Consultant today to get more information on order quantities, XP Books amenities, and to find out if Traditional Distribution is right for you!